Criteria and eligibility
We are always delighted to hear about great ideas for new technology businesses, but before applying to join a SETsquared centre, please consider our entry criteria.
- The idea must be knowledge-based (seeking to exploit intellectual property or novel information).
- The idea must have very high commercial growth potential.
- The venture must have an existing or potential link to the research base of one of the partner universities.
Our services are geared to supporting companies that meet these criteria. However, we also understand that every business is unique and there is flexibility in our criteria to make sure we can support those ventures where we feel we can add real value.
Please also keep in mind the following as you prepare your application:
- We look very favourably on applications featuring a genuinely original idea which appears capable of attracting investment.
- We also are keen that the people involved in the venture are open to outside support and advice and are looking to accelerate their company to market.