Health Innovation Programme 2016
Practical support for innovators in healthcare
The Kent Surrey Sussex Academic Health Science Network has teamed up with SETsquared, the Global #1 University Business Incubator, to deliver a world class training programme that will support health innovators in the Kent Surrey Sussex regions.
Applications are now closed
Health Innovation Programme
DATES: 13th, 18th and 21st April 2016
VENUE: University of Surrey, Guildford
This programme is an intensive three day course open to healthcare professionals, health and life science academics and small businesses. It is focused on innovators with a clear business proposition or an innovative idea that has application in the health sector.
This is a personal skills development course that aims to enable individuals to take well-formed innovative proposals to business realisation.
You will have the opportunity to learn core skills in entrepreneurship and develop skills in the areas of:
The course will provide:
- an opportunity to make a compelling pitch to an experienced panel
- a great way to network with like-minded innovators
- a friendly environment to try-out your ideas
- a chance to get continuing support from us to further develop your proposition
Places on the course for entrepreneurs are sponsored by the Kent Surrey Sussex Academic Health Science Network - however they are limited and application selection will be on a competitive basis.
If you have any enquiries about this course, please contact:
|Kent Surrey Sussex AHSN
0300 303 8660
Connection Day event
Date: 16th March 2016, 10.00am - 4.00pm
Venue: Surrey Sports Park
This event was aimed at businesses, entrepreneurs and health sector professionals looking to start and grow successful health innovation businesses in the Kent, Surrey and Sussex regions.
The agenda included:
- Living case studies: a chance to hear from entrepreneurs who have built and grown successful health businesses.
- Group discussions: exploring the challenges and opportunities associated with health innovation in the UK and international markets.
- Business plan workshops: an opportunity to learn how to develop and execute a successful business plan by reviewing case studies from SETsquared health start-ups.
- Pitch opportunities: the opportunity to preliminarily pitch your business idea in front of a panel of experts ahead of the Health Innovation Programme
- An introduction to the Health Innovation Programme: a three-day programme aimed at individuals and small teams that want to put their idea for innovation-led health businesses into practice