Notable success stories include:
- In 2013 a team of four students from the University of Exeter won the final of Microsoft’s Imagine Cup, a global technology competition with their innovative ‘SoundSYNK’ app.
- A wealth of exciting and successful student businesses, including Young Ones, a clothing brand who successfully secured investment on the BBC’s Dragons Den and Jollie Socks, an ethical ecommerce business who every time a pair of socks is brought from their online shop, they give a pair to a homeless person.
- A team of social entrepreneurs from the University of Southampton came second in the 2013 Enactus World Cup, beating stiff competition from across the globe with their not for profit businesses.
The Partnership's year-long programme of activities currently includes the annual Student Enterprise Awards, Researcher to Innovator an enterprise and innovation training programme for postgraduate researchers plus business planning and pitching competitions.
Stay updated on the student enterprise activities at each of the SETsquared Universities:
Contact our Student Enterprise Leaders:
- University of Bath: Siobain Hone
- University of Bristol: Rhys Pearce
- University of Exeter: Louise Rose
- University of Southampton: Karen Haynes: [email protected]
- University of Surrey: Tracy Hampton