17:30 Guest arrival
Sparkling wine & canapes reception
People's Choice exhibition / Networking
18:30 Buffet opens
19:00 Dessert served
19:15 Opening remarks by Simon Bond, SETsquared Innovation Director
19:20 Guest speaker: Phil Cameron, founder of No. 1 Traveller
19:40 Award 1 - Student Enterprise Champion
19:45 Award 2 - Best Student Enterprise Experience
19:50 Award 3 - Best Student Start Up
20:05 Award 4 - Business Mentor of the Year
20:10 Award 5 - Best Social Enterprise
20:15 Award 6 - Best Graduate Start Up
20:20 Award 7 - People's Choice
20:25 Closing remarks by Simon Bond, SETsquared Innovation Director
20:30 Networking & bar
VIP Entrepreneur Speaker: Phil Cameron, founder of No. 1 Traveller
Phil Cameron has worked in the aviation sector for several years, following a highly successful career in theatre, during which he produced eleven shows. He won an Olivier Award in London’s West End in 2005 and a Tony (the Broadway equivalent) in 2007. In 2003, he transferred his knowledge of branding, marketing and ticket sales to a start-up airline project, for which he achieved a CAA Operating License. Off the back of this, he founded No.1 Traveller in 2006, having identified an opportunity to “deliver high-end experiences in the major and underserved airport market.” Phil is an entrepreneur who has grown his business significantly in a challenging economic climate and is passionate about creating the best possible experiences for the travelling public.
No.1 Traveller provides a range of premium pre-flight services, from driveway to runway. Anchored around a collection of award-winning lounges at Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Edinburgh and Birmingham, products include: chauffeur-driven airport transfers, valet car parking, fast-track airport security, VIP Departure services, travel spas and an airside pod hotel. No.1 has a three-dimensional growth model, which allows it to develop stably but rapidly. This year, it has gone through a management buyout, supported by NVM Private Equity, and will welcome a million departing passengers.
- Best Graduate Start Up – best start-up from an alumni, post graduate or post doc
- Best Student Start Up – best start-up from an undergraduate student
- Best Social Enterprise Project – projects which have been developed to have social rather than economic impact and are often part of the universities' SIFE activities
- Best Student Enterprise Experience – best project developed to engage and promote the entrepreneurial spirit of its students
- Business Mentor of the Year – individuals who have supported a SETsquared student/student group to carry out enterprising activity at their university
- Student Enterprise Champion – students who have made an outstanding contribution to enterprise which has significantly impacted on the success of their respective Enterprise Society
- People's Choice – voted for on the night of the awards by the audience for the best start-up from the Graduate, Start-up and Social Enterprise category
If you are student entrepreneur from one of the SETsquared universities - Bath, Bristol, Exeter, Southampton or Surrey - and would be interested in being put forward for one of these awards, please contact your local student enterprise representative and they will work with you to prepare your entry and will be able to provide the link to the online entry form.
Closing date for entries: 2nd May 2014.